- This event has passed.
2015 EHMA Annual Conference
June 15, 2015 - June 17, 2015
Evidence-Based Management: Better Decisions, Better Healthcare
“Healthcare organisations and systems face complex challenges regarding the delivery of care. Researchers, policy makers, hospital managers and health care executives need to apply the best available evidence in managerial decision making. This is reflected in the concept of evidence-based management. Inspired by the use of evidence in the decision making of healthcare professionals, champions of evidence-based management assume that the systematic use of the best available evidence in managerial decision making will improve healthcare provision”.
However, several questions and challenges remain with regard to the conceptualisation, application and implications of evidence-based management in healthcare.
- What is really meant by evidence?
- Do managers, policy makers and leaders really make much use of evidence in their decision making?
- How much should researchers be doing to get their research findings into practice?
- Are some organisations better than others at using evidence or knowledge in decision making?
- How well does the training and development of managers and leaders equip them to be good at using evidence in decision making?
- How can researchers help managers and healthcare organisations to find, appraise and use evidence effectively?
- How can leadership and management development programmes be improved?
Hosted by Tilburg University/TRANZO Department and co-hosted by the Joint Health Care Division of the Dutch Ministry of Defence, the EHMA 2015 Annual Conference “Evidence-Based Management: Better Decisions, Better Healthcare” took place on 15-17 June in Breda, the Netherlands.
Please find below four PDF files which include copy of the presentations taken at the EHMA 2015 Annual Conference:
Programme Overview | Monday 15 June 2015 | Tuesday 16 June 2015 | Wednesday 17 June 2015
Please note not all presenters gave their consense for presentations to be published. Should you have any queries or require any further information about the EHMA 2015 presentations, please contact: email@example.com
List of Participants
Please click here to access the List of Delegates attending the EHMA 2015 Annual Conference.
The EHMA 2015 Abstract Book is now available. Please click here to download a copy.
work in progress
Storified Tweets of the 2015 Conference are available here.