Join EHMA, a membership organisation that brings together a unique group of organisations and individuals to help address the challenges of delivering effective healthcare to Europe’s half a million citizens.
We currently have 130 institutional members from over 30 countries in the WHO region, bringing together the management, policy and research communities.
EHMA is always open to organisations or individuals who would like to join us in delivering our exciting change agenda. If you are interested in becoming a Member, attending our Annual Conference or partnering with us then please do get in touch.
Individuals are also welcome to become Members of EHMA. The application process is a simple one, which is subject to Board approval. Membership fees form an important part of income and as such all Members are required to pay an Annual Subscription.
Our current Individual Membership Fees for 2017 are as follows:
- Standard Rate - €110 (VAT excl.) per year
- Young Professional (under 26 or within five years of their first employed position) - €55 (VAT excl.) per year
- Student - €55 (VAT excl.) per year
- Concessionary Rate (by application, up to 50% discount)
Membership of EHMA entitles you to a number of benefits including discounted rates to attend our Annual Conference and other EHMA events, access to our Website, including the Member only areas, free access to our peer reviewed Journal and use of our Brussels Office (some additional charges may apply). Individual memberships applies to the following categories: young (<26 or within five years of their first employed position), independent workers, retired (65+ years old)
Healthcare providers, Universities, Research institutions, health policy bodies and government ministries are all welcome to become Members of EHMA. The application process is a simple one, which is subject to Board approval. Membership fees form an important part of income and as such all Members are required to pay an Annual Subscription.
Our current Organization Membership Fees for 2017 are as follows:
- Standard Rate - €2500 (VAT excl.) per year
- Concessionary Rate (by application, up to 50% discount)
Organization membership in EHMA entitles you and up to five other colleagues to a number of benefits including discounted rates to attend our Annual Conference and other EHMA events, access to our Website, including the Member only areas, free access to our peer reviewed Journal and use of our Brussels Office (some additional charges may apply).
- A voice in European Health Policy and Practice: Our close involvement with European health policy making provides a unique opportunity for Members to become involved in developing, refining and implementing European health policies through formal and informal consultation as receiving regular briefings on the most recent developments in European health policy and practice. Updates will be provided to Members via email alerts, the EHMA Newsletter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages as well as by regular posts on Twitter.
- Learning Opportunities: You will be invited to seminars, learning-programs and other events concerning European healthcare. Many of these programmes are made available on-line, via our Membership Portal.
- Special Interest Groups: EHMA has established Special Interest Groups, each of which focusses on a particular health policy and practice theme. Ranging from primary care to health workforce our SIGs provide a unique space to respond to current themes in health policy and practice. As a EHMA Member you are able to join existing EHMAs Special Interest Groups as well as to propose the establishment of new groups.
- Our Annual Conference: The EHMA Annual Conference is the longest standing and most highly respected international conference on health management policy and practice. As an EHMA Member you receive advanced notice of forthcoming conferences, discounted fees for you and privileged access to a number of Member Only events including our Annual General Assembly.
- Health Services Management Research Journal: EHMA Membership allows full access to Health Services Management Research, the preeminent European journal for health management studies published by the renowned academic publisher SAGE. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the journal and will receive Membership only executive summary papers.
- Teaching excellence: EHMA brings together an unparalleled group of health management academics and researchers, responsible for delivering the Europe’s leading post graduate health management programmes. As an EHMA Member you will be invited to specially designed learning events, currently held at our Annual Conference with plans to hold a Winter School from 2018.
- Providing scientific advice: EHMA Membership allows you to be nominated for membership of our Scientific Advisory Group. The SAC plays an important role in providing a focus for and voice for EHMA's research community, and in raising awareness of research within EHMA.
- Governance Roles: EHMA has an established governance structure with the EHMA Board at its centre. As a Member, you are automatically entitled to join our AGA and to be nominated for election as a Board Member or to our Scientific Advisory Group, enabling you to work alongside a range of colleagues from service delivery, policy development and academic research and programme development.
- Membership online platform: EHMA is currently updating its website in order to provide our Members access to the Membership online platform. Such platform can connect you with other EHMA Members to discuss and exchange information and views on European health policies and practices. Also, EHMA Members could be in touch with members of SACs, SIGs and Programme Directors Group and keep being updated on the latest discussions and decisions made by our network of experts.
- European Research Funding: EHMA has substantial knowledge and experience of European funded research programmes including Horizon 2020 and this can be of benefit to EHMA members with respect to on-call advice and the opportunity to identify potential research partners. We are also often asked if we are aware of potential partners willing to join established consortia and maintain a database of EHMA Member organisations for this purpose.
- Policy Advice and Networking: As an EHMA Member you have immediate access to a network of several hundred high level organisations in service delivery, industry, policy and academic research and programme development. When facing a challenge, EHMA can help you to find the right person in the right organisation and is additionally able to undertake short investigative tasks.
- Teaching and training excellence: As a Member, you can joint the Programme Directors Group as well as accessing their educational, training and research expertise. The Programme Directors Group brings together Course Directors, Departmental Heads and other senior managers to help ensure that taught programmes continue to provide the highest quality education for current and future health managers.
- Health Services Management Research Journal: EHMA organisational Membership allows full access to Health Services Management Research for you and up to five other colleagues within your organisation.
- Secondment Opportunities: EHMA offers our Members secondment opportunities to join our team in Brussels to work on our portfolio of European projects as well as to get exposure to the European policy process at first hand. A number of these opportunities are funded.
- Brussels Office and Meeting Room: You and up to five of your colleagues are also able to utilize the EHMA offices in Brussels. Based in the heart of the European Institutional District our offices can offer you complementary hot-desking space and the potential to hold larger events within our conference room.
- Logistic support for events and workshop: EHMA offers our Members logistic opportunities to organise events, conferences and workshops. EHMA takes care of the best services provision and arrangements to assure our Members successful and high-standard events.
- Our Annual Conference: As an organisational Member you will be offered discounted fees for you and up to five other colleagues and privileged access to a number of Member Only events and access to our Annual General Assembly.