European Health Management Association
The mission of EHMA is to support excellence in healthcare management as a means to deliver effective and efficient services to Europe’s 500 million citizens. EHMA facilitates a unique dialogue between policy makers, academics and service delivery organisations that demonstratively improves the delivery of healthcare, providing a dynamic and multi-facetted knowledge sharing platform to its Network and enhanced services and support to its Member organisations.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our dedicated Secretariat Team, which is currently made up of six permanent team members plus an additional two interns, the role of Office Manager is a very important one.
The post holder will report to the Director of EHMA and will play a full part in the EHMA team. This is a highly visible role and the Office Manager will also be expected to be an ambassador for EHMA and to interact with a range internal and external partners as well as with EHMA’s membership.
The post holder will work closely with the Director, Operations Officer as well as our external accountants. Precise areas of responsibility will be set according to the prior qualifications and experience of the candidate, but is likely to include:
- Finance: including creditor and debtor management, VAT, and payroll
- Office Management: including office security, supplies management and landlord and Agent Liaison
- European Projects: including time management reporting and financial reporting
- Human Resources: including payroll, recruitment, training and appraisal
- Business Planning: including forecasting and business plan development
- Secretary and Administration: including diary, travel and correspondence management
- Other: including governance support and membership liaison.
Skills and Experience
The following are essential criteria:
- An appropriate educational qualification
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems and processes associated with a small ASBL.
- A strong working command of English and French (written and verbal)
In addition, we would appreciate applications from candidates with the following:
- Knowledge and experience of supporting European funded projects e.g. Horizon 2020
- Knowledge and experience of working in or with the NGO sector
- Knowledge/Experience of European health policy
How to Apply:
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join a small team working with a Board in a visible and highly significant role.
The post can be offered on a full time or part time basis with salary negotiable and dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of support to EHMA Director, Dr. Usman Khan at: email@example.com
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 8th June 2018
- Shortlisting: Monday, 11th June
- Notification to Interviewees: Monday, 11th June
- Interviews (at EHMA offices): Tuesday 12th or Wednesday 13th June 2018
Please also note that the successful candidate will be expected to make themselves available for a handover day with the current post holder in the week beginning Monday 25th June 2018. The successful candidate would be expected to take up post from 1st July.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.