European Health Management Association
The mission of EHMA is to support excellence in healthcare management as a means to deliver effective and efficient services to Europe’s 500 million citizens. EHMA facilitates a unique dialogue between policy makers, academics and service delivery organisations that demonstratively improves the delivery of healthcare, providing a dynamic and multi-faceted knowledge sharing platform to its network and enhanced services and support to its Member organisations.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our dedicated Secretariat Team and lead our most high-profile partnership as its Project Manager. The project will be examining developments relating to the early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease and, in particular, the receptiveness of different national health systems.
The post holder will report to the Director of EHMA and will play a full part in the EHMA team. This is a highly visible role and the Project Manager will also be expected to be an ambassador for EHMA and to interact with a range internal and external partners as well as with EHMA’s membership.
The post holder will work closely with the Director, the Operations Officer as well as our industry partner. Precise areas of responsibility will be set according to the prior qualifications and experience of the candidate, but is likely to include:
- Project Management for the designated project;
- Primary and Secondary Research, including the design of research tools and methods and the organisation and delivery of surveys, interview programmes and stakeholder engagement events;
- Client Liaison with our industry partner where you will be the primary liaison point;
- Partnership Development in support of the project as well as more generally.
- Reporting and Presentation to clients, internally including with the EHMA Board as well as to a range of internal and external audiences.
Skills and Experience
The following are essential criteria:
- An appropriate educational qualification
- Knowledge and experience of primary and secondary research methods
- Knowledge of health policy ideally with in-depth knowledge of one of the following: degenerative neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s Disease, diagnosis and prevention, big data, change management
- Experience in project management.
In addition, we would appreciate applications from candidates with the following:
- Knowledge and experience of working in or with the NGO sector
- Knowledge/Experience of European health policy
- Knowledge/Experience of European-funded projects.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join a small team working in a visible and highly significant role.
The contract offered is an initial six-month post on a full-time basis with salary negotiable and dependent on qualifications and experience. It is envisaged that the post will be extended for a maximum of three years.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of support to EHMA Operations Officer, Ms. Federica Margheri (email@example.com) by Sunday, 26th August.
- Closing date for applications Sunday, 26th August
- Shortlisting Monday, 27th – Friday, 31st August
- Notification to Interviewees Monday, 27th – Friday, 31st August
- Interviews (at EHMA offices) Monday 3rd – Friday 7th September
Please also note that the successful candidate will be expected to take up post as soon as possible after the notification of the selection; therefore, preference will be given to candidates based in Brussels or able to relocate on short notice.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.