Events and Partnerships Assistant (Internship)
European Health Management Association
The mission of EHMA is to support excellence in healthcare management as a means to deliver effective and efficient services to Europe’s citizens. EHMA facilitates a unique dialogue between policy makers, academics and service delivery organisations that demonstratively improves the delivery of healthcare, providing a dynamic and multi-faceted knowledge sharing platform to its network and enhanced services and support to its Member organisations.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our dedicated Secretariat Team in the capacity of Events and Partnerships Assistant. The internship will have a duration of 6 months, starting as soon as possible in January, under the Belgian “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle”.
The post holder will report to the EHMA Events and Partnership Manager and will play a full part in the EHMA Team, with a specific focus on the organisation of the EHMA Annual Conference, this year taking place in Espoo, Finland. Areas of responsibility are likely to include:
- Administration of the submitted Abstracts
- Communication with participants and Abstract submitters
- Marketing activities for the event promotion
- Attendance of industry events for search for new partners, ideas and sponsors
- Administrative support with invoicing and payments tracking
- Participants enquiries management
- Exhibitors management and communication
- Printed materials preparation for the conference
- Onsite support and logistics
Skills and Experience
The following requirements are mandatory:
- Prior experience or knowledge in events management
- Client-orientated approach (hospitality background is preferred)
- Proactive, motivated, can-do attitude for any given task
- Accurate and highly attentive to details
- Developed problem-solving skills and independence in finding solutions
- Willingness to work longer hours closer to the conference, if needed
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in Belgium
The following skills are appreciated:
- Prior experience or knowledge in communications and marketing
- Knowledge of other EU languages
The contract offered is a six-month “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle” on a full-time basis starting as soon as possible in January.
To apply, please send a CV and motivation letter to EHMA Events and Partnerships Manager, Ms. Nadia Rubtsova (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, 6th January 2019 (midnight CET).
- Closing date for applications Sunday, 6th January 2019 (midnight CET)
- Shortlisting Monday, 7th – Tuesday, 8th January 2019
- Notification to Interviewees Tuesday, 8th January 2019
- Interviews (at EHMA offices) Wednesday 9th – Friday 11th January 2019
Please also note that the successful candidate will be expected to take up post as soon as possible after the notification of the selection; therefore, preference will be given to candidates based in Brussels or able to relocate on short notice.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.