Operations Assistant (Internship)
European Health Management Association
The mission of EHMA is to support excellence in healthcare management as a means to deliver effective and efficient services to Europe’s citizens. EHMA facilitates a unique dialogue between policy makers, academics and service delivery organisations that demonstratively improves the delivery of healthcare, providing a dynamic and multi-faceted knowledge sharing platform to its network and enhanced services and support to its Member organisations.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our dedicated Secretariat Team in the capacity of Operations Assistant. The internship will have a duration of 6 months, starting in April, under the Belgian “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle”.
The post holder will report directly to the EHMA Operations Manager and will play a full part in the EHMA Team, with a specific focus on the management of the EHMA membership and governance, and the development of systems and processes. Areas of responsibility are likely to include:
- Membership: design of renewal and recruitment campaigns; administrative management of members; development of the membership offers and value; communications with members, including development of promotional material, marketing campaigns and discovery phone calls.
- Governance: diarising and organising governance meetings (Annual General Assembly; Board; Programme Directors; Scientific Advisory Committee; Young Advisory Committee); development and circulation of Papers and Minutes for the core governance activities of EHMA.
- Operations: Ensure appropriate policies and processes are implemented and monitored; be involved in the day-to-day operation of the EHMA office; work in collaboration with the Team to develop business development strategies.
- Systems: support in establish or update organisational systems; ensure processes and systems are in place; support the development, implementation and on-going use of Project Management systems and processes.
Skills and Experience
The following requirements are mandatory:
- Developed problem-solving skills and independence in finding solutions
- Proactive, motivated, can-do attitude for any given task
- Accurate and highly attentive to details
- Good level of numeracy
- Fluency in English and good level of French or Dutch
- Ability to work in Belgium
The following skills are appreciated:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience in membership management
- Prior experience or knowledge in business administration and operations
The contract offered is a six-month “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle” on a full-time basis starting in April/May.
To apply, please send a CV and motivation letter to EHMA Operations Manager, Ms. Federica Margheri (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, 24th March 2019 (midnight CET).
- Closing date for applications: Sunday, 24th March 2019 (midnight CET)
- Shortlisting: Monday, 25th March 2019
- Notification to Interviewees: Tuesday, 26th March 2019
- Interviews (at EHMA offices): Wednesday, 27th – Friday 29th 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.