European Health Management Association
The mission of the European Health Management Association (EHMA) is to enhance the capacity and capability of healthcare management to deliver effective and efficient healthcare to Europe’s 500 million citizens. EHMA does this by providing a dynamic and multi-facetted knowledge sharing platform to its network and enhanced services and support to its fee-paying members. Augmented by high quality content on current developments in European health policy and practice, EHMA facilitates a unique dialogue between policy makers, academics and service delivery organisations that demonstratively improves the delivery of healthcare.
We are looking for an Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions and activities. The Executive Director will be the face of the organisation, responsible for giving strategic direction and implementing a high-quality vision. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is an influential manager with the ability to lead and motivate. The ideal candidate would have great communication skills and take a holistic approach in managing the organization’s operations. The goal is to manage and lead the organisation towards the realisation of its mission.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, developing and implementing strategies aiming to promote EHMA’s mission and vision.
- Creating complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors.
- Financial management and risk assessment.
- Devise remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management, when necessary.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and other governance bodies and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board and other governance bodies to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organisation.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support EHMA’s mission.
- Forge and maintain relations of trust with stakeholders, partners and external authorities.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, development and retention of competent and qualified staff for the Secretariat.
- Ensure adherence of the organisation’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the association.
- Five or more years senior non-profit or healthcare management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with European health and social care systems
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques, with specific focus on industry
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- In depth knowledge of corporate governance principles and managerial best practices
- An analytical mind capable for “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Desirable: Knowledge of one or more EU languages
- Essential: Willingness to undertake international travel where necessary.
The contract should ideally start in May/June. Part-time employment may be considered. Competitive salary package commensurate with experience and similar Brussels-based positions.
To apply, please send a CV and motivation letter to EHMA President, Prof. Federico Lega (email@example.com) and EHMA Operations Manager, Ms. Federica Margheri (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, 3rd April 2019 (midnight CET).
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 3rd April 2019 (midnight CET)
Shortlisting: Thursday, 4th and Friday, 5th April 2019
Notification to Interviewees: Monday, 8th April 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.