Applications are now open for the UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence Award Programme which recognises teams who collaborate across different disciplines and transform healthcare delivery. The programme was created by Abbott in partnership with leading healthcare organisations across the globe with a common vision to inspire and celebrate healthcare excellence. European Health Management Association (EHMA) is one of the founding members of the programme. The call for applications is open until 15 November 2021, and the winners will be announced in March 2022.
The award honours teams working together across disciplines and challenging traditional thought with innovative problem-solving and novel use of laboratory data to achieve measurably better healthcare performance.
The eligibility requirements for the award are:
- being part of an integrated team that has advanced care in clinical practice,
- the team is comprised of members from at least three different disciplines, including laboratory medicine,
- the achieved outcomes have demonstrated measurable impact to clinicians, patients, payors, and entire health systems/administrations, with at least two qualitative key performance indicators.
The UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence Award is an earned honour and an opportunity for winning teams to receive local recognition and global amplification of their best practice.
The benefits for the winning teams include:
- a physical award and the exclusive title ‘UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence Award Winner’,
- recognition during a celebratory leadership event,
- the spotlight in the prestigious U.S. healthcare industry magazine, Modern Healthcare,
- the access to the UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence ‘Great’ Trophy, a globally renowned atlas trophy moving from site to site and honouring those who have achieved healthcare excellence,
- esteemed engagement opportunities.
The UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence Award Programme brings together leading professional societies, institutions, and associations across healthcare disciplines as programme partners, and EHMA has been a programme partner since its founding in 2018. EHMA member, the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, was among the winners of the 2020 edition, receiving a distinction for the innovative approach in the early recognition and management of sepsis in the emergency department.
The UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence Award will be present at the EHMA 2021 Annual Conference with a session on Governance for healthcare transformation: Harnessing the power of laboratories. The session will highlight the need for new governance models that acknowledge the benefits of involving multidisciplinary stakeholders, including laboratory medicine, in organisational decision-making to successfully address complex healthcare challenges and drive healthcare transformation. The session will also feature some of the winners of the 2019 edition.