Since 1982, the European Health Management Association (EHMA) has served as a not-for-profit membership organisation open to all those committed to improving health and healthcare. We focus our actions on health management capacity and capabilities and aim to support the successful implementation of health policy and practice where possible. Through our efforts, we make a difference across Europe to improve health for all citizens.
EHMA remains the only membership organisation in Europe to invite and gather health and hospital managers, healthcare professionals, researchers, educators, academia, policy and decision-makers. At EHMA, you can expect a fruitful environment where we value evidence, challenge and experience and promote complex debates on current related topics. Because EHMA engages with the full ecosystem of European health management systems, you can trust that we will reach all stakeholders at the local, regional, national and international levels.
As the Secretariat is in the heart of Europe, so too does EHMA place its membership in the heart of all actions.
At EHMA, we drive impact with passion.
Excellent health management for a healthy Europe.
Support the spread of knowledge on effective health management.
Excellence, quality, inclusiveness, relevance and respect.
WHERE EHMA DELIVERS
EHMA activities revolve around three key work streams:
- Membership-focused actions and network engagement
- Research and EU-funded project work focused on dissemination and stakeholder engagement
- Events and workshops, including the EHMA Annual Conference and the yearly Programme Directors’ Group Meeting.
EHMA principally focuses on the “how” rather than the “what” of healthcare for two primary aims:
- Improve the take-up and successful implementation of health improvement programmes
- Ensure learnings return to the realms of health policy, education and training
Expertise areas include:
- Policy – writing reports, providing expert commentary and maintaining a dialogue between policymakers and front-line delivery agencies to improve understanding and ensure uptake
- Research – engaging in cutting-edge research with the top research associations in Europe, focusing on engagement and dissemination activities
- Management improvement – supporting optimal healthcare delivery across Europe through networking, events and projects such as our Annual EHMA Conference
- Management education & training – providing a unique forum for Europe’s leading academic institutions to review, initiate and develop the highest-quality health management programmes
- Stakeholder engagement – developing engagement tools and techniques that range from focus groups and surveys and conferences and working groups to guarantee continual inputs and promote co-creation
Who EHMA collaborates with
EHMA brings together a unique mix of healthcare professionals, operational managers, researchers, policy analysts and educators. Joined by a common purpose to improve policy transfer into practice, members form part of EHMA because they can expect that novel thinking will help address the challenges of today and that real-world changes will follow.
- Health Managers
- Educators and Researchers
- University students
- Health professionals
- Patient Organisations
Want to join EHMA, too?
Interested in forming part of the EHMA members to gain access to:
- Current best practices in health management
- Engaging webinars with leading experts in the field
- The latest research and breakthrough insights in health management, policy issues and the most trending topics in health and care
- Helpful resources and outputs from large-scale, European-funded projects aimed at addressing digital health problems
- Global networking events
- High-stake funding opportunities