BeWell – Blueprint Alliance for a Future Health Workforce Strategy on Digital and Green Skills is an ERASMUS+ Programme funded project which aims to prepare a strategy on upskilling and reskilling the European healthcare workforce to be able to cope with future challenges and evolving societal expectations. Contributing to the Pact for Skills initiative launched by the European Commission under the European Skills Agenda 2020, BeWell will launch a large-scale skills partnership engaging with a wide range of healthcare stakeholders at local, regional and national levels. The aim of the partnership is to gather insights and implement the strategy to enhance the digital and green transition in the sector.
The project officially started on 1st July 2022, and is implemented by a consortium of 24 full partners from 11 European countries, led by the European Health Management Association (EHMA):
- European Connected Health Alliance – ECHAlliance (Ireland);
- EuroHealthNet (Belgium);
- ITS Technical College for New Life Technologies (Italy);
- European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry – COCIR (Belgium);
- EIT Health (Germany);
- University of Thessaly – UTH (Greece);
- European Health Telematics Association – EHTEL (Belgium);
- European Federation of Nurses Associations – EFN (Belgium);
- EUROMASC (Austria);
- Viennese Institute for Labour Market and Education Research – WIAB (Austria);
- European Regional and Local Health Authorities – EUREGHA (Belgium);
- Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research – NIVEL (The Netherlands);
- DATEY (Germany);
- Babeș Bolyai University – BBU (Romania);
- University of Bergamo – UniBg (Italy);
- World Health Organization – WHO (Switzerland);
- European Specialist Nurses Organisation – ESNO (The Netherlands)
- CESI (Belgium);
- European Forum for Primary Care – EFPC (The Netherlands);
- Pharmaceutical Group of the European Union – PGEU (Belgium);
- Medical University of Varna – MU-Varna (Bulgaria);
- Biomedical Alliance in Europe – BIOMED ALLIANCE (Belgium);
- Innlandet County Municipality – FagInn (Norway).
BeWell involves also 5 associated partners, namely:
- Erasmus MC;
- European Hospital and Healthcare Employers’ Association – HOSPEEM;
- European Public Service Union – EPSU;
- Standing Committee of European Doctors – CPME;
- KU Leuven.
EHMA leads on developing the skills strategy to modernise the health workforce, overcome skills shortages and outline re-skilling and upskilling programmes to equip the health workforce with necessary skills set and skill-mix within the content of green and digital transition.
The project will last 4 years, until 31st June 2026.
For more information and engagement in the project, please contact: Georgia Karyami, BeWell Programme Manager, email@example.com.
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union under Grant Agreement n. 101056563.
This page and the publications contained herein only reflects the author’s views. The European Union is not liable for any use that might be made of the information contained in this page and publications.