- This event has passed.
27th EAHM Congress ‘Redefining the Role of Hospitals – Innovating in Population Health’
September 26, 2018 - September 28, 2018
The Congress theme “Redefining the Role of Hospitals – Innovating in Population Health” of the 27th EAHM Congress will address innovation in population health and debate the issues concerning the redefinition of the role of hospitals in present day societies in order to facing the current challenges across the developed world and the rising demand driven in particular by:
- The demographic changes – more people, living longer with chronic conditions and multiple co-morbidities;
- The rising expectations of patients, the population and the politicians;
- The increasing regulation and standards in quality and safety;
- The rapid innovation cycle in drugs and therapeutics solutions and the consequent economic impact;
- The need to move from service-delivery models to integrated healthcare systems;
- The focus on outcomes and value that improve the health results of the population;
- The empowerment of individuals to value their health and manage their own care.
The major objectives of the 27th EAHM congress is to enable healthcare decision makers, leaders, thinkers, researchers and managers to explore current and future visions, ideas and actions, that can address the challenges and opportunities in healthcare systems management throughout Europe and beyond. During the 27th EAHM congress scientific programme, special focus will be given to following topics:
- The development of People Centeredness Systems based on the needs and satisfaction of the individuals;
- The identification and effective implementation of models, solutions, methodologies and processes of vertical and horizontal Integration of care;
- The challenges on implementation of Innovative provision models that assure new health care solutions based on new technologies opportunities: digital era, diagnosis, therapy, communication, big data, artificial intelligence, etc.
- The need to adopted new funding and management solutions that can ensure Financial sustainability;
- The need to development solutions based on Population health dynamics that assure responses to their needs.
Call for Abstract – Deadline: 16 April, 2018 – Abstract submission closing at 23.59h (UTC+0)