Hosted by University of Porto, the 2016 EHMA Annual Conference “New Models of Care. Reinventing healthcare: why, what, how” was held at the exclusive home of Ordem dos Medicos in Porto, Portugal from 14 to 16 June 2016.
List of Participants
Please click here to access the List of Delegates attending the EHMA 2016 Annual Conference.
The EHMA 2016 Abstract Book is now available. Please click here to download a copy.
Cilck on each presentation’s title within the document to download the specific files.
New Models of Care. Reinventing healthcare: why, what, how
Healthcare systems worldwide are experiencing a “new normal” as they face challenges that will characterise the next decade and beyond. The scale and complexity of these challenges is daunting. Tackling them cannot be done through doing the same things faster or ‘better’. We urgently require new models, approaches, paradigms and solutions. Some are already emerging in practice. Some are being envisioned. All need to be circulated, discussed and tested. Medicine and healthcare are changing, nothing will stay the same.
Just some of the current and emerging challenges are:
- Managing Complex Chronic Conditions
- Doing More with Less Resources
- Involving Patients as Co-Leaders of Their Care
- Consolidating Multidisciplinary Work as Closer Collaboration amongst Professionals are Enhanced by New Knowledge and Technology
- Digitalization and Virtualization in Health Care
- Co-Production with Patients
- Ownership and Influence of Patients
- Medical Tourism
- Reshaping Skill Mix amongst Health Professions
- New, Defensive Medicine – “Choosing Wisely”
- Rethinking Clinical Governance
- Managing Rapid Complex Change
Europe’s leading academics, practitioners, policy makers and managers need to be creative, innovative and cooperative in order to explore how together they can take responsibility for creating sustainable health systems for now, and face the challenges of tomorrow.
Abstracts and/or Short Papers submitted for the main categories are reviewed and selected by EHMA’s Scientific Advisory Committee:
- Prof. Federico Lega (Chair), Bocconi University, Italy
- Prof Kieran Walshe, Manchester Business School, United Kingdom
- Dr. Ronald Batenburg, NIVEL, the Netherlands
- Prof. James Buchan, Queen Margaret University, United Kingdom
- Dr. Pia Maria Jonsson, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Finland
- Mr. Nick Fahy, Nick Fahy Consulting Limited, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr. Kim Putters, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Ms. Annette Katrava, International Consultant Health Care Services, Greece/Canada
- Prof. Dr. Walter Sermeus, KU Leuven, Belgium
Abstracts and/or Short Papers submitted for the SIG sessions are reviewed and selected by the SIG Chairs:
- Dr. Antoni Peris, CASAP, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Wilfried von Eiff, Centre for Hospital Management, Germany
- Dr. Ronald Batenburg, NIVEL, the Netherland
The Congress Center
The 2016 EHMA Annual Conference took place at the Centro de Cultura e Congressos of the Ordem dos Médicos – Secção Regional do Norte in Porto, Portugal.
All delegates, registered partner/spouse and special guests were invited to attend our Social Dinner on Wednesday 15 June 2016.
The event took place at the stunning Palácio da Bolsa (Stock Exchange Palace), home of the Associação Comercial do Porto. The palace was built in the 19th century by the city’s Commercial Association in Neoclassical style. It is located in the historical centre of Porto, designated World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Please visit: www.palaciodabolsa.com
The EHMA 2016 Annual Conference would not have become reality without the huge committment and active contribution from our host and partners. Thank You!
We value your opinion! If you attended the EHMA 2016 Annual Conference please take a minute to let us know about your experience for the single sessions and share with us your overall feedback about the conference by filling in the forms below:
Conference evaluation form > http://bit.ly/EHMAcef
Session evaluation form > http://bit.ly/EHMAsef
We would like to thank all the delegates for their attendance at the EHMA2016 Annual Conference
We hope you enjoyed the event and we’re looking forward to see you next year in Milan!