The European Health Management Association is involved in several of Europe's cutting-edge research projects following a long history and impressive track record in managing and participating in numerous research projects, often supported by European Commission programmes. EHMA's main expertise relates not only to project management, but also to dissemination of research results – in particular 'knowledge transfer', in which the dialogue between researchers and targets group are central, is according to EHMA a key issue in strengthening both the validity of the research as well as the dissemination of results. Related to this dialogue, EHMA recognizes the actual impact of research result and the practical reality on the shop floor as a key issue.
Themes of past projects have included access to healthcare, the "basket" of services available to patients and the legal aspects of eHealth.
See the complete list below:
- HealthQuest (2007-2008)
- Legally eHealth: Study on Legal and Regulatory Aspects of eHealth (2006)
- HealthACCESS (2004-2006)
- HealthBASKET (2004-2007)
- CARMEN Network (2001-2004)
- PALANTE - PAtient Leading and mANaging their healThcare through EHealth Project (2012-2015)
- PaSQ - Joint Action on Patient Safety and Quality of Care (2012-2015)
- Momentum - European Momentum for Mainstreaming Telemedicine Deployment in Daily Practice (2012-2014)
- ENGAGED (2013-2015)
- EPAAC - European Partnership for Action Against Cancer (2009-2014)
- PROGRESS (2012)
- HEALTH PROMeTHEUS: Health Professional Mobility in the European Union Study (2009-2012)
- Developing Public Health Capacity in the EU (2010)
- SHARE: Making IT Work for Health (2006-2008)
Lastly, EHMA is in involved in several advisory boards, and has been awarded several operating grants in the framework of the Health Programme (2008-2013).