Project Status: ONGOING
What aims and scope
To improve healthcare efficiency, quality and environmental sustainability through innovation procurement. Furthermore, the project will work towards achieving the following:
- Connecting EU-supported research and development to procurement outcomes
- Improving the use of innovation potential in SMEs to support healthcare outcomes
- Strengthening market demand for innovation by enhancing the capability of hospitals to engage in multilateral and collaborative actions
- Seeking options and opportunities for joint procurement when feasible and if they add value in terms of outcomes and innovation
How it will become possible
The European-funded project will execute four primary actions to reach the aforementioned goals, including:
- Implementing five leader-led innovation procurement (PPI) projects within the healthcare sector in important challenge areas that have good potential for aggregation of demand and wider replication
- Undertaking market engagement actions to catalyse interest from potential solution providers including innovative SMEs and EU-funded project beneficiaries
- Developing and testing mechanisms for collaborative and joint procurement actions within the consortium and with third-party buyers throughout the innovation procurement life cycle
- Building and enabling buyer groups that extend beyond the country, or region, of the leading hospital for each of the leader-led projects
Where EHMA will deliver
EHMA is responsible for the dissemination and communication strategy of the project. In particular, EHMA ensures the dissemination of the project activities and findings. To do so, EHMA communicates with stakeholders by managing and contributing to the LinkedIn Collaborative Buyers Forum, among others. Furthermore, EHMA is responsible for the organisation and execution of the webinar series for healthcare managers. In total, six webinars were organised to gather knowledge from different experts and to increase awareness among managers of the benefits and process of innovation procurement. The lessons learned from the project will be collated to produce a case study based publication.
For more information about the project and the possibilities for involvement, check this flyer.