Two health networks have joined forces in order to address the needs of the health workers of the future. Together with Health First Europe, EHMA will lead the 2020 European Commission Health Policy Platform Thematic Network on Profiling and Training the Healthcare Workers of the Future.
This partnership’s scope and objectives focus on supporting the European Commission and its Member States in profiling future healthcare workers’ needs, improving their core competencies, and underlining their role in the creation of new models of care. Moreover, the project will include emphasising the importance of health workforce education and training.
The five key working elements of the proposal are the following:
- Mapping and engaging with stakeholders and initiatives
- Promoting the exchange of good practices in digitalisation and integration of care
- Conducting a survey on core competencies of healthcare workers of the future
- Hosting webinars in collaboration with stakeholders and experts on case studies and key initiatives
- Shaping a joint statement on profiling and training the healthcare workers of the future
The first step–mapping stakeholders and initiatives–is now on foot and will continue until the end of January. In the meantime, you can check out the Thematic Network poster here!
For more information, to share your projects or initiatives, or if you want to get engaged with the network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.