- This event has passed.
Webinar: Successful multi-disciplinary teams. Findings and practical insights
March 8, 2023 @ 11:30 - 13:00
Multi-disciplinary teams (MDTs) are central to achieving the vision of Integrated Care Systems (ICSs). They can provide an opportunity for professionals from across health and social care to come together around the needs of individuals and communities. To work well, though, an MDT needs to be well planned, facilitated and supported. This webinar shares findings and practical insights on what leads to a successful MDT, from research and the experience of local areas who have sought to be innovative in their approach.
The event is a collaboration between the Social Care Institute for Excellence, the Improvement Analytics Unit (a partnership between NHS England and the Health Foundation), and the University of Birmingham.
This webinar offers an opportunity to hear about and discuss aspects of MDTs such as:
- What difference can MDTs make to outcomes, such as the wellbeing of individuals and their family carers?
- What are the key factors that lead to a successful MDT?
- How can monitoring and evaluation practically support the work of MDTs?
- How can digital solutions help to connect MDTs with their wider system?
- What enables MDTs to be part of their local neighbourhoods?
- Chair: Arne Wolters, Assistant Director – Head of the Improvement Analytics Unit, the Health Foundation
- An expert by experience, to be confirmed
- Felix Gradinger, Researcher-in-Residence (Integrated Care), Torbay and South Devon
- Sophie Green, Neighbourhoods Project Manager, City and Hackney
- Therese Lloyd, Senior Analytical Manager, the Improvement Analytics Unit and the Health Foundation
- Nick Mays and Mary-Alison Durand, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Robin Miller, Professor of Collaborative Learning, University of Birmingham
- Emma Jane Perkins, Head of Service Community Care Services, Rutland County Council.