4th – 6th February 2020
Leadership has traditionally focused on authority, position and dominance. New Public Management has dominated during the last thirty years with a particular focus on key performance indicators and measurement. Leaders in health care need to think differently in tackling the huge social challenges that confront care services in the 21st century.
Collaborative and relationship-focused approaches encourage a shift towards collective New Public Leadership, demonstrating public value. This Winter School brings together experts from three European Universities to introduce the concepts of New Public Leadership and the competencies needed to confront the future challenges of health care.
What will you learn?
- How to work together – Collaborative approaches in leadership
Dr. Stephen Brookes, University of Manchester, UK
- On the hard side of soft-skills – “Soft” competencies and leadership skills in health care services
Dr. Maarten Janssen, Erasmus Centre for Healthcare Management, The Netherlands
- Am I an effective leader? Self-perception of potential leaders
Dr. Axel Kaehne, Edge Hill University, UK
How will you learn?
- Highly interactive coaching sessions in a small group setting
- Health Management trainers from leading European Universities
- Targeted to develop skills & competencies needed for the healthcare leaders of the future
Who should attend?
- Healthcare managers
- Healthcare professionals
The EHMA 2020 Winter School fees are:
- For EHMA members: 900 Euro per person (VAT excluded)
- For non-EHMA members: 1200 Euro per person (VAT excluded)
What does the fee include?
- 2-night accommodation (Tuesday, 4h and Wednesday, 5th February 2019)
- 3-day breakfast (Tuesday, 4h; Wednesday, 5th and Thursday, 6th February 2019)
- 3-day lunch (Tuesday, 4h; Wednesday, 5th and Thursday, 6th February 2019)
- 2 social dinners (Tuesday, 4h and Wednesday, 5th February 2019)
- Coffee breaks (Tuesday, 4h; Wednesday, 5th and Thursday, 6th February 2019)
- Meeting space
- Study materials and training program.
At any time, you may transfer your booking for the Winter School to another participant upon written notice to email@example.com
You have the right to cancel your booking at any time. If your cancellation is received by Monday, 6th January 2020 (included), your payment will be refunded less an administrative fee of 250 EUR. If your cancellation is received after Monday, 6th January 2020, there will be no entitlement to any refund. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to register
Registrations to the EHMA 2020 Winter School will be open as off September 2019.
For more information or reserve your place, please contact email@example.com